This Bosch dishwasher is part of their classixx range that promises to deliver the clean, high build quality that Bosch has produced in their previous dishwashers. Some of its main features:
- Great energy performance rating in at A+
- Great drying performance with a rating of A
- Makes use of only 12 Litres of water
- Half load energy saver, with this feature you can save even more energy when you half fill the dishwasher
- Load sensor that detect your placed items and can control the cycle speed and water levels accordingly
- Quiet…we all love quiet appliances
So far so good, with good energy saving features…but surely there is negatives? Yes this Bosch dishwasher comes with 4 programme features, Pre-Rinse, Normal (65°), Eco (50°) and Quick Wash (45°). So the downfalls, for starters the times compared to other dishwashers the cycle times are long except for the quick wash. The cycle times are 30 minutes, 2.5 hours and 3.25 hours! Of course at least there is the quick wash right? Well using the quick wash has proven for some not to be great for washing or drying, it doesn’t seem to wash real dirty items or grease off of all items and won’t dry them properly but is suitable for those not so dirty items.
Bosch Dishwasher Summary
Overall this is a good energy efficient dishwasher and of course there will be the downfalls but in comparison to its energy efficiency, quiet noise levels and other features such as load sensors overall this Bosch Dishwasher delivers. Just know if you want a fast dishwasher to clean properly dirty, greasy items at a fast speed other than a couple hours then looking elsewhere may be more beneficial!
We rate the SMS40C02GB Bosch Dishwasher at a 3.5